Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 No Name Bath Faucet Drip
Author: plumb_rchuk678 (NY)

Anyone recognize? Perlater VX only marking on aerator shell

Edited 1 times.

Glacier Bay
Author: steve (CA)

[reviews.homedepot.com]

Re: Glacier Bay
Author: dbaca (CA)

Glacier Bay is made for Home Depot and they do not have aftermarket repair parts for them.

Call Glacier Bay/HD
Author: steve (CA)

[www.homedepot.com]

Author: hj (AZ)

Home Depot does not carry parts for them but you can get them from Glacier Bay if you can get the customer service people to understand what part you need. The faucet is guaranteed for life.

Thanks all. I have been researching all a.m. and have been able to locate a new stem (washerless) for this unit now that I know what it is but I am not sure of how to replace this type.

Thanks again!

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

grab hold of that hex shape and turn it CCW. the assembly will unscrew from the faucet base.

"Author: packy
grab hold of that hex shape and turn it CCW. the assembly will unscrew from the faucet base."

Thank you!

Do you think that replacing that unit alone (cold water stem) will cease the cold water leaking from the spout?

This all happened after both faucets (2 sink bath, both hot & cold water) & toilet stopped working for a few days because of low temperatures here. When they all came back they work fine except for the cold water on the left sink, I let it drip for a day and a half hoping it was just frozen overflow or ice thawing out of line but now wondering (guessing) if I should just purchase this new part.

Author: packy (MA)

could just be debris inside. only way to find out is open it up and have a looksee..

Author: bernabeu (SC)

SKU # 164-893
CALL 866-863-9931 OR
877-527-0313 THEN OPTION 3

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

If the ceramic seal is damaged, cleaning out any "debris" will not stop the leak.

ceramic seal?

How the faucet turns the water off.

Thank you all, back in business!

Thank you all, back in business!

Edited 1 times.

Re: Thank you all, back in business!
Author: oarivera1978 (CA)

Hello, I have an issue with the same faucet leaking. How did you take off thr washer? I can't figure how to remove it.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.