Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
  We're sponsored by:
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 525,000 Posts in over 155k Threads

The most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, contractor referrals, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions keeping all positive and with no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 Kohler Faucet Adaptor
Author: Anonymous User

I have a kohler K-647-BL faucet. I am looking for a way to adapt the faucet connection from their connection to an NPT on both the faucet hose and remote valve side. any ideas?

Thanks
Sean

Reply To This Message

Re: Kohler Faucet Adaptor
Author: hj (AZ)

You use 1/2" ips x 3/8" compression adapters to give it IPS connections, but the hose for the spout is proprietary and you have to use their connector.

Reply To This Message

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about it last night, you think it's ok to cut off the proprietary connections and use hose barb to NPT fitting?

Reply To This Message

I wouldn't and why would you when all you need is the proper adapter?

Reply To This Message

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

I could be wrong, but I believe that when you add a barb hose adaptor to a faucet spout, you are required to have a vacuum breaker or some time of air gap protection. If you call Kohler, they might be able to provide you with the proper connection and advise.

Best Wishes

Reply To This Message

I talked to Kohler, they do not have an adapter for their spout connector or for their remote handle. no really sure how else to get to an NPT fitting except for a barbed.

Edited 1 times.

Reply To This Message

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

The Kohler K647LB, is a high arch spout with flex hose in the sprayer. Removing the sprayer to add an adapter look terrible and may change the dymanics of the faucet. Why not get a new faucet with the features you want?

Best Wishes

Reply To This Message

Exactly what are you trying to do? Originally, I thought you were trying to get 1/2" IPS connectons on the two supply lines. Why would you even have to think about modifying the spout hose?

Reply To This Message

I have foot pedal sink controls that the faucet connects to via a 3/8" npt fitting. I also want to maintain the remote control valve so that they both work independent of each other.

Reply To This Message

In that case, I would check to see if the spout's "pipe" from the faucet is a standard tubing size so you could cut it and install a "push fit" tee on it.

Reply To This Message

It is one of those spouts where the spout is the sprayer so the line looks like a SS braided line but is made of nylon rather than stainless.

[www.us.kohler.com]

Reply To This Message

There is a metal "stub" coming out of the faucet that the hose connects to. I would see if you can connect to that, rather than the hose. If it is 3/8" or 1/4" copper size, then a "push fit" John Guess tee would splce into it.

Reply To This Message

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

why is it that you wish to change?

Reply To This Message

The faucet head is the sprayer so is a swivel connection.

Reply To This Message

I am NOT referring the faucet "head", I am referring to the stem that comes out of the bottom of the valve part that the hose connects to. In other words, try to make the connection BEFORE the water gets to the hose.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Click here to view our old forum messages

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms
We're sponsored by:
  We're sponsored by:

Copyright© 2014 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.