Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Kohler Rialto toilet rebuild
Author: mr leak (CA)

Yes I know the Kohler one piece Rialto toilet wastes water However has anyone had issues with running water thru the flush valve? Rebuilt 2 Kohlers with genuine replacement parts and one of these toilets is still leaking thru the flush valve area. Took apart and remounted this flush valve twice with leaking. The other toilet no issue. It appears simple enough There is the plastic flush valve/gasket and flapper held in place with 3 screws and mounting lugs. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Re: Kohler Rialto toilet rebuild
Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

ive rebuilt them also....same problem...they leak through the flush valve

solution: dont rebuild them anymore....tell the customer they will leak and replace the POS

they flush horribly anyways

Waukeshapaplumbing
Thanks for your response good to hear that it is not only me. What is puzzling is the donought gasket and flappwer should be an easy one so now what? A bead of silicone at the base of the gasket? Kohler will send me a new gasket and flapper I explained that these were new original replacement parts. Customer service mumbled something about a 8 hr flush test. I explained that the tank fills to the water level mark then flushes itself. I call this a one minute flush test. Guess Kohler Rialto is really CRAP product ? Trying to finish now that I made a stab at rebuilding the crappers.

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

there you go.when the porcelain is out of round apply silicone a penty.First the gasket to the flush valve then the gasket to the tank.Be careful not to get the flapper or the seal surface.this is a quick fix and no curing time is needed to test because of the low head pressure.I do get many defective flappers right out of the factory packages.be careful of the placement of the over flow as positioned.you know the trip lever and ballcock leave little room for adjustment.

To fix the Kohler flush valve it took a bead of GE 100 % silicone where the ceramic and flush valve meets. The other toilet did not need the silicone. Fixed.

Was the hole oor?

Author: Paul48 (CT)

Out-Of-Round = oor?

Author: jimmy-o (CA)

We thing Lemon may be just slightly oor!

Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

what about the next time you need to replace the flapper...do you spend 1 hour scraping the old silicone off????

it shouldnt need silicone

replace the toilet....the Rialto may be Kohlers worst flusher...it barely flushes Pee

ive never had a customer decline my replacement idea on a Rialto

jimmy orbit is just the design.g/lemon puckers out side to understand the forces created.As said per gallon replace.for use fix.it is not rocket science.but I can control the orbit as /understood .crap is start and you picked on the right fix and you thought what?silicone is bad the oor is never the answer?Jimmy come on you can post on something that I am wrong about.not on this thread.

Author: MaggiesDad (PA)

I'm the fortunate owner of 4 Kohler POS toilets that were installed in our home. I'm having trouble with a Rialto leaking flush valve. I've replaced the flapper (it's the old style with the bulbous bottom that fits onto the round flush valve, not the rectangular one). I'm considering just ripping it out and replacing it with your basic American Standard toilet. Does anyone know if it's a simple replacement, or am I going to have to drill new holes and do tile work? Knowing Kohler, they have a proprietary mounting pattern that's different than all the others.

Thanks so much for you help.

Author: capcarl (CA)

OK this is tricky, but if the water level in your tank is just a little bit too high, water leaks into the hole that the rim flush hose goes into causing a constant trickle of water from the rim into the bowl.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.