Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 520,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions and we also ask for only positive comments and no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 price pfister shower diverter
Author: surrealiana (NC)

I have a price pfister shower faucet model # 17196-0100G that is a single handle shower/faucet combination and I have unscrewed and removed the pull up knob that makes the diverter come into place and make the water come out of the shower (long story as to why I did this). I'm looking for a diagram for this model so that I can see if I can figure out if I lost a crucial part to make this work. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram like this? I have search the internet and can't find one.

Reply To This Message

Re: price pfister shower diverter
Author: Paul48 (CT)

If it's a tub spout diverter, it's not servicable.What is not working?Newly installed?

Edited 1 times.

Reply To This Message

Author: hj (AZ)

They are a throw away item, but if you can figure out how it was assembled, before you took it apart, it MIGHT work.

Reply To This Message

Author: jimmy-o (CA)

These days, you can purchase a generic replacement diverter stem. Works on most tub spouts, you decide if it is worth fiddling with.

Reply To This Message

A diverter stem for a tub spout?

Reply To This Message

You can buy this at plumbing supply stores these days. Fits many tub spouts.

Edited 1 times.

Reply To This Message

I've never seen one before, but I have now....thanks.

Reply To This Message

If it fits "MANY" tub spouts then they are all made by the same company.

Reply To This Message

I have seen it fit old PP, generics such as Danco or ProFlo. Looks like it would fit the old Moens. Strangely enough, it just seems to work.

Reply To This Message

Author: dlh (TX)

i say it is easier to just replace the spout. i tried repairing one once and i gave up just trying to ge that mechanism back into the spout because the H.O. took it apart

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Reply To This Message

It would not commonly be used by plumbers, but there is an overwhelming demand for it in the apartment/hotel arenas, where drips are not tolerated and labor is not an issue, but $6 to $20 to buy new tub spouts every 6 months IS an issue.

Reply To This Message

quote; $6 to $20 to buy new tub spouts every 6 months IS an issue.

Spend $40.00 and get one that will last for decades.

Reply To This Message

Nothing lasts for decades in low rent apts, or flea bag hotels. Guest often take the tub spout and lav pop up with them! This is not a joke, I hear it all the time.

And better hotels have to undergo flag inspections. At the least sign of grime or mineral deposits, they get nailed. Then the maid crew tends to scour the crome too often with bad stuff, so no matte what kind of spout you use, you are going to replace it often! Same for the rub flange, and the handles.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Click here to view our old forum messages

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995 The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995

Copyright© 2014 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.