Welcome to Plbg.com
Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
Special thanks to:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum
click here to learn how to show an image on PLBG.com

Over 520,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 Front loading washing machines and tankless water heaters
Author: Timsplumbing (MA)

To all the plumbers out there if you have a customer who what a tankless water heater installed. Check with them to see if they have a front loading washer and use haot water washing clothes. If so they use so little water that the heater will not provide hot water to the washing machine. Unless you go with a Navien A MODEL with the recirc pump and buffer tank. I found out the hard way I will be replacing a Navien NR 180 that I in stalled 4 weeks ago with a Navien NR 180 A. As far as I know Navien is the only company who make a tankless with a built in pump and buffer tank. If any of you knopw of any other companies that do I would like to get some info about it.

Reply To This Message

Re: Front loading washing machines and tankless water heaters
Author: PlumberManDan (IA)

Ouch, that was an expensive lesson.

PlumbCat TM 2003

Plumbermandan

Reply To This Message

Author: chadschloss78 (MI)

don't most front loaders have a built in heater? i'm pretty sure my lg does. if the incoming temp is too low for the cycle selected, i think it heats it up to an acceptable temp. i may be wrong, but it may be something to check out.

Reply To This Message

On some models the washers do have heaters but that is usually with the steam option.

Reply To This Message

Author: SMSPlumbing (PA)

I have a Bosch front loader with a temp boost, but the water has to be about 110 coming in for the boost to work.

Reply To This Message

Author: bernabeu (SC)

..... so, let me get this straight:

a tankless 'instantaneous' water heater that requires a (albeit small) tank to give the desired operation .....

Dr. Parkinson really had the absurdity of modern technology pegged!

8-)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired U.A. Local 1 & Local 638
~ Measure Twice & Cut Once ~ ~ Eight 4 Eight ~

Reply To This Message

Author: birddoggiest (ID)

I like these better than the Navien. They are full port and don't have the clogging or maintenance issues.

[eternalwaterheater.com]

Reply To This Message

Author: RWP (SD)

I have no use whatsoever for tankless water heaters. They are more trouble than they are worth.

- - - - - - - - - -

Retired after 50 years of plumbing and heating.

Reply To This Message

I have had good luck with most of the tankless water heaters I have installed. They last longer than I tank type heater and the save a ton of money on your gas bill.

Reply To This Message

Author: SMSPlumbing (PA)

You can always add a circulation device at the washer. I had to do this at a pizza place I did. He had two Noritz tankless units, but the commercial washer was too far and did not use much water. So I installed a circulater that worked off a push button. Before the wash was started he would hit the button and the water would purge the cold out and then he would start the dishes. Has been working for over 4 years now.

Reply To This Message

Or a 2 gallon undercounter would work also.

Reply To This Message

Author: mr leak (CA)

Eternal Tankless water heaters have a recirc system 98 % condensing price about 1,800.00

Reply To This Message

Author: dlh (TX)

so why not save $400-$500 and use the navien which has the same capabilities?

many new tankless only need .5 gpm to fire but you are gonna pay for them

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Reply To This Message

The navien need to be flushed every year and I have had more problems with them than It is worth. The Eternal doesn't they are a full port design and the only one I would install in my own house if I were on nat gas. It isn't a "tankless" style water heater. It uses a 2 gallon tank for a heat exchanger.

Reply To This Message

I have a bosch tankless in my own house it works great it take`s all of 15 minutes to flush it with white vineagar. I do that once a year but if you have hard water you may need to do it more often. I also have been installing a lot of Navien`s I have 2 schueled for this week and I have only had problems with one. It had a bad flow senser I replaced it and works fine now, It it like anything you need to know how to install the properly , get trained by your local rep most will come out and asist on your first install. Look what most old timer`s think about 1.6 toilets time`s are a changing and if we don`t change with them we will be lost. Get all the free training you can when a rep comes to your local supply house.

Reply To This Message

Author: dlh (TX)

i would flush the eternal just as i would any other tankless. the size of the heat exchanger isn't so much a factor as the design and the eternal does not have the corner on the design market

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Reply To This Message

i would flush the eternal just as i would any other tankless. the size of the heat exchanger isn't so much a factor as the design and the eternal does not have the corner on the design market

I agree it would be a good Idea to flush it. What else has the same design as it? The tankless are nothing like it.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with pver 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

Click here to view our old forum messages

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Toilet Repair Information
to: Tankless Water Heaters
to: Common Plumbing Terms