Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
  We're sponsored by:
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 520,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

The most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, contractor referrals, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions and we also ask for only positive comments and no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 Faucet/sink type on narrow(18" deep)vanity
Author: sandra (PA)

I am remodeling bathroom with an 18"deep vanity and was told I couldn't use a granite top with an undermount sink and an 8" widespread faucet due to the vanity not being deep enough. Suggestion was to put single lever faucet on side of sink instead of in back of sink. Is there another type of countertop that would allow me to keep faucet directly behind the sink? Did anyone ever hear of or see a side mounted faucet on a sink? Thank you.

Reply To This Message

Re: Faucet/sink type on narrow(18" deep)vanity
Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

Wall mounted faucets are very popular.but you really should not be limited if this is custom granite a smaller under mount bowl or a single hole faucet that could be installed off to one side near the rear.Kohler makes a neat wall mounted mirrored cabinet that has the faucet built into it.

Reply To This Message

Author: packy (MA)

i've not seen a faucet mounted on the side, ive seen a few mounted at the rear corner.

Reply To This Message

Author: hj (AZ)

Whether you can use a conventional faucet depends on the SINK. There are oval sinks which would give enough room at the rear for most 8" faucets, although none with "huge" spouts. I have never seen an 8" faucet mounted on the side, it would look weird and be unwieldy to operate, but have seen many single hole faucets mounted to the side of the sink.

Reply To This Message

Author: bernabeu (SC)

Try this combo:

[www.us.kohler.com]

with

[www.us.kohler.com]

You get the picture ... it CAN be done ... price???

Reply To This Message

Author: hj (AZ)

15" round is a bit tiny. The 18x15 oval is a bit larger.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Click here to view our old forum messages

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms
We're sponsored by:
  We're sponsored by:

Copyright© 2014 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.