Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Mobile home drain diagrams
Author: jerryM1949 (WY)

Is there somewhere I can look up a typical drain diagram fot a mobile home. Everything is stopped up and plunging just changes water levels between tub nd toilet. Bought an auger but can't seem to get it to wind down the toilet .

Re: Mobile home drain diagrams
Author: hj (AZ)

There is no "generic" design. Each MODEL, not just each brand, can have its own design, but since they are basically unregulated, the designs are usually very simplistic. The piping should be exposed under the unit, or else it is usually a simple matter to access it from where it leaves the coach or enters the ground.

Author: Nayman's Drain Services (Non-US)

Like said, every model varies from the next.
In my experience, however, if your pain pipes are hanging below the trailer, you have a good possibility of frozen main drain.
Crawl under the trailer, and gently lift on the pipe. If it feels heavy, you're probably frozen up.

---------------

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

I would NOT the use of any chemicals to clear the wasteline. Are you the only moblile home with this issue? If not, I'd call a licensed plumber and don't wait too long.

Best Wishes

It will feel just as HEAVY, if it is full of water because it is plugged up. In fact, since water is heavier than ice, it will feel even heavier if it is NOT frozen.

quote; Are you the only moblile home with this issue? If not, I'd call a licensed plumber and don't wait too long.

If not, and you wait too long, someone else may call a plumber and fix it for EVERYBODY.

Author: jerryM1949 (WY)

You guys are all great, I was just gonna bring up the issue about a recent cold snap we just had, but you beat me to it. Guess I'll just have to roll up my sleeves and crawl under there. No quick fixes here. 'course I 'spose I could open up that gas station.

Author: Royboysc (SC)

One of my co-workers lives in a mobile home and his drain from the kitchen plugged up. When I looked under it there were no pipes exposed at all, just that black cardboard. I pulled enough loose to check it out and he had less than an inch fall in almost 40 feet of 1 1/2" ABS pipe. After checking, I found that there are NO inspections on mobile home manufacturers. Let the buyer beware!

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I tend to side with Royboysc, a low spot in the drain will freeze and cause the symptoms you described.

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

[@#$%&[img267.imageshack.us]][/URL]

Uploaded with [@#$%&[imageshack.us]]ImageShack.us[/URL].you need to find the main under the home or amain line co to even start to know what needs to be cleared.

Author: Paul48 (CT)

Wow....that makes it much clearer confused smiley

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

Paul.he has a building drain issue which is most likely going to be a sewer issue.Know clean out locations and you know dwv/where your drain does or Does not work!.

Author: Paul48 (CT)

Lemon....I know, I just got a chuckle out of the picture. It might resemble my home more that his?And where's the wheels? wink

Yes, now all he has to do is find a mobile home that fits his drawing.

At least we know where the hitch is, either on the front or underneath in the crawlspace, bu the wheels may be under there also.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.