Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
  We're sponsored by:
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 525,000 Posts in over 155k Threads

The most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, contractor referrals, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions keeping all positive and with no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 Connecting Danco Universal Sink Sprayer to Delta 100-DST Kitchen Faucet
Author: jmohn (WA)

Hello all, I replaced my leaky kitchen faucet with a Delta 100-DST faucet. I then bought a Danco universal kitchen sprayer to install. While I thought this would be straight forward, I ran into a problem. Maybe someone can help. The kitchen sprayer hose has what looks to be just a normal hose with a nut on the end to connect to the faucet (just like our old faucet had). You would just screw the sprayer hose onto the thread of the middle pipe that drops down from the faucet. Problem is, the Delta faucet has some cheap looking plastic pipe that comes down and the instructions say I am supposed to pull out some clips and push the sprayer hose up into the plastic pipe until it "clicks" into place. The Danco sprayer hose with the nut on the end doesn't even fit up inside the plastic drop down pipe.

Does anyone know how to get this to work? The Danco sprayer says "universal" and works with Delta faucets, but I just don't see how without some sort of adapter.

Can anyone help?

It's a Delta 100 DST B1 faucet:

Edited 1 times.

Reply To This Message

Re: Connecting Danco Universal Sink Sprayer to Delta 100-DST Kitchen Faucet
Author: PlumerDan (CA)

it very well may have been universal untill the new lead free law.delta and every other faucet now have plastic,why did'nt you just get a delta with the spray? you'd be done by now you may be able to get a just push on fitting that will go from plastic to whatever female thread is on your universal sprayer....good luck

Reply To This Message

Author: dlh (TX)

universal does not mean it fits every faucet. it just means it will fit some/most faucets and it will not fit your faucet and there is no adapter to make it work. what you need is the special delta hose that goes with this faucet and you will need to contact delta to get it as they are not distributed separate from the faucets although they are a separate part

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Reply To This Message

Author: hj (AZ)

Unless you bought a Delta faucet with a spray unit it may not even be set up for one. And if it were, the spray would have come with it. Your "universal" will connect to faucets with either a 1//8" female, or 1/4" male spray connection, but NOT to any of the proprietary ones in use now.

Reply To This Message

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

Order the delta hose and the divertor.The body is OK!!!PS the holder for the sprayer too!You may have missed the fact that the dst is not on the Danco packaging just the delta 100!!!

Edited 2 times.

Reply To This Message

Author: jimmy-o (CA)

The 100-dst does not have any provision to add a sprayer. If you had a delta faucet that did accept a sprayer, most "generic" sprayers do not fit Delta. I don't know if the Danco includes some kind of hokey adapter to do that, but the bottom line there is no place to attach any sprayer to your faucet, and it does not have the necessary diverter module inside it either.

Reply To This Message

It may be one of those which comes with the sprayer connection and a cap to seal it.

Reply To This Message

Author: CanuckWolf (Non-US)

original equipment manufacturer parts, or OEM parts are what is made for the products to be used/installed...that's why they make them, you need to find a delta spray for your delta tap.

Reply To This Message

Author: SwimRunPlumb (MI)

His faucet is set up for it since he said it does have the tube hanging down with the quick connect (pull out the clips he said).

You can only use a Delta "quick connect" sprayer and hose.

Reply To This Message

The question would be whether Delta went to the "expense" of installing the diverter if they did not send a spray hose with that model. It would be cheaper for them to make one model of body and then either install a diverter and hose, or just send a cap depending on which model it was going to be.

Reply To This Message

Can you tell us if YOUR faucet actually has the third pipe dropping down?? These days, the specs sheets are generic for the entire model series. I was assuming, or under the impression, that the 100 did not have that third pipe. It definitely would not have the diverter, since the 100 model is without sprayer.

Reply To This Message

it has the connection but came with a cap instead of a hose.

- - - - - - -

Reply To This Message

Thank you very much for that. They didn't do that "back in the old days" but these days more and more, they are building a lot of commonality into the items. I am still betting it does not have the diverter.

Reply To This Message

the diverter is where the hose connects not up in the faucet so why wouldnt it have one?

- - - - - - -

Reply To This Message

Because he bought the no spray model the brass is now the same.Diamond ages/Delta .

Reply To This Message

What faucet have you EVER seen with a diverter at the hose connection? It MUST be in the faucet in order to shut off the spout and divert to the sprayer.

Reply To This Message

my bad i miss read something

- - - - - - -

Reply To This Message

HJ. Price phister?seems the one you supported!but many do .Delta is adapting as moen.find the simpler spot to replace from and win.use one plastic piece in two functions and win more. HJ.A question. When installing a new delta .Do you cut and fit the poly or use the factory ends!!!!some would see this as a plumber or home owner install.the poster could have used a 3/8 poly compression x ip male to use his hose.but without the divertor loss pressure function. I would not advise.

Reply To This Message

Author: CanuckWolf (Non-US)

i never cut those grey plastic leads that are supplied on the delta's, i know they supply and advise to cut them...our company has seen a few problems with the guys doing that, so we give them a loop, tie them together high under the sink and forget about em.

Reply To This Message

My policy also.

Reply To This Message

LEmon; I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. What is a "twist install"? My Delta ratio is very high. I prefer Price Pfister and Delta over most other brands, but Delta is not altruistic so they seldom ADD unnecessary parts to their faucets, such as diverters in faucets without a side sprayer.

Reply To This Message

wrong Jimmy!

Reply To This Message

Sorry HJ.I was unclear.But the body style has a blocked with a plug return,Four drop tubes.On diamond age delta as posted lines before.and yes the divertor is now under the faucet.I do not make them.Alter daily !!YES SIR.Weather I make it work or advise the customer I will need to come back.Depends more on the brass on the truck than the manufacturer.I know the risk is Professional.Would a3/8"compression tee with a mech 3/8'x 3/8"ip connection work?It would stress the spray hose/head.Have I removed divertors and left the faucets that way?

Reply To This Message

Author: bernabeu (SC)

faucet is 'box store' junk ..... let the games begin

Reply To This Message

Author: techtom (TX)

The Delta 100-DST faucet uses a unique fitting designed by Delta. A special adapter is required to connect to this fitting. A threaded fitting will not work.

Reply To This Message

Author: bernabeu (SC)

deleted

Edited 1 times.

Reply To This Message

Author: 6431jam (CO)

just looked at your post...I do not have the instructions for connecting the RP53997 diverter clip and the RP10345 o rings on the hose to the sprayer hose. There is what appears to be a plug at the bottom of the clip..any help would be appreciated

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Click here to view our old forum messages

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms
We're sponsored by:
  We're sponsored by:

Copyright© 2014 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.