Welcome to Plbg.com
Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
Special thanks to:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum
click here to learn how to show an image on PLBG.com

Over 510,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 Water stop running in my sink
Author: Atlantasfinest345 (GA)

Please help I am lost

Reply To This Message

Re: Water stop running in my sink
Author: jerco (MD)

Take off the aerator on the end of the spout and run the water. Clean off the aerator, or get a new one, and reinstall. If you see a bunch of white chalky looking stuff let us know.

Reply To This Message

Author: hj

So are we, unless it is just a plugged aerator on the end of the spout.

Reply To This Message

I 'm not sure what that is maybe I need to go in to detail.

my dish washer got water flowing to it and my sink dont whats the problem? I check all the nobes under the sink . I took off the nuts to the waterline to see if water would come out with out me shuting off the value no water came out. Does the water line have a braker? I have water running to everything expect my kitchen sink

please help

Reply To This Message

Author: dlh (TX)

the part on the faucet where the water is supposed to come out is called and aerator and it should screw off. do that and then see if water comes out. if it does then the aerator needs cleaned or replaced. if not then you may need to call a plumber

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Reply To This Message

Author: hj

quote; I took off the nuts to the waterline to see if water would come out with out me shuting off the value no water came out. Does the water line have a braker?

We do not know WHICH nuts you took off, so we cannot tell you if that was the proper thing to do. The water line does NOT have a breaker. You would be better off calling a plumber before you take the wrong thing apart and break something.

Reply To This Message

the ones under the sink that connect to the hot and cold water. What Im saying is I disconnected the faucet and no water came out the main pipes. An Im pretty handy so I know i will not brake anything

well i guess i have to call a plumer thanks for all ur help

Reply To This Message

did you turn the water off to the faucet before this problem started? if so then your stops may ned replaced/repaired as the rubber washers may have come off/apart and became debris lodged in the valve or pipe thus not allowing water to flow to the faucet

- - - - - - -

Reply To This Message

no I turned them after the fact.Cause I was useing the sink and it just stopped

Reply To This Message

it has to be the aerator then. it would be a freak situation for both the hot and cold lines to clog at the exact same time at the same faucet.

you could have some debris in the faucet itself but 99% of the time this problem is a clogged aerator

- - - - - - -

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with pver 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

Click here to view our old forum messages

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: How to show an image
to: Tankless Water Heaters
to: Common Plumbing Terms