Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise
Welcome to Plbg.com

Over 550,000 Posts in over 160k Threads

Welcome to Plbg.com (aka: PlumbingForum.com) we are the most popular plumbing information sharing, advice, DIY and educational forum on the Web. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality, and plumbing related questions. Please refrain from asking where to purchase a product, business, pricing, or legal questions, for contractor referrals, or any questions not related to plumbing. Keep all positive and no advertising. This site is free and made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 No water coming into The House
Author: jsp (MD)

I am on a well water with a septic system. I also use an electric water pump to push the water into the house. Well, I can home after a 3 day trip to find that no water was coming into the house. I opened all faucets,and nothing. I checked the inside pump to see if I had pressure; which I did. 40-50, and no electrical outage. Outside temperature has been in the mid 20's. Mid 30's today.
What do you guys think it is? Has the water pump gone bad? Could frozen pipes be to blame? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

Re: No water coming into The House
Author: steve_g (CA)

Someone on-site could tell better than we can - we're looking at monitors. Both of your suggestions sound plausible, you, or someone you hire, has to start poking around.

Author: hj (AZ)

If there is water pressure in the tank, then the pump should be okay. There being water in the tank and none in the house does imply that the pipe has frozen, assuming no one shut off a supply valve to the house.

Author: mfinstc (IL)

See if you have a pipe running along the sill. If this is covered by anything, even a curtain by a window, it will be insullated from the heat in the house. 3 days is plenty to freeze it. Thaw slowly with room heat and a fan.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
Buy plumbing supplies online

Copyright© 2015 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.