Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
  We're sponsored by:
Buy plumbing supplies online
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 525,000 Posts in over 155k Threads

The most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, contractor referrals, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions keeping all positive and with no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 No water coming into The House
Author: jsp (MD)

I am on a well water with a septic system. I also use an electric water pump to push the water into the house. Well, I can home after a 3 day trip to find that no water was coming into the house. I opened all faucets,and nothing. I checked the inside pump to see if I had pressure; which I did. 40-50, and no electrical outage. Outside temperature has been in the mid 20's. Mid 30's today.
What do you guys think it is? Has the water pump gone bad? Could frozen pipes be to blame? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

Reply To This Message

Re: No water coming into The House
Author: steve_g (CA)

Someone on-site could tell better than we can - we're looking at monitors. Both of your suggestions sound plausible, you, or someone you hire, has to start poking around.

Reply To This Message

Author: hj (AZ)

If there is water pressure in the tank, then the pump should be okay. There being water in the tank and none in the house does imply that the pipe has frozen, assuming no one shut off a supply valve to the house.

Reply To This Message

Author: mfinstc (IL)

See if you have a pipe running along the sill. If this is covered by anything, even a curtain by a window, it will be insullated from the heat in the house. 3 days is plenty to freeze it. Thaw slowly with room heat and a fan.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Click here to view our old forum messages

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms
We're sponsored by:
  We're sponsored by:

Copyright© 2014 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.