Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 520,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 foamy water out of kitchen sink
Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

I had a call back today for foamy/bitter tasting water coming out of the kitchen faucet...it only does it when it hasnt been used for 1 hour or more...of course when i showed up they had just used it, so it wasnt doing it.

house has alot of unique plumbing in it...its a 'green' built house

water pipe is cpvc
has geothermal heating and that is also used to heat the domestic water

my go to guy for odd plumbing situations says its the glycol leaking into the domestic....i didnt do the heating.the heating company had a 4th year plumbing apprentice doing the heating.

does this sound correct?
what else could it be?

they are also getting alot of shavings in the pipes-clogging the aerators...i ran the faucets w/o aerators when i started the house up, but they keep getting more clogged aerators...not sure if its cpvc..its more like white shavings...doesnt look like the typical cpvc cuttings...

just an unusual thing thats also happening w/ this house i thought may mean something

Reply To This Message

Re: foamy water out of kitchen sink
Author: dlh (TX)

it doesnt mean anything to us without knowing more about the system

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Reply To This Message

Author: jimmy-o (CA)

If they have a possible cross connect to the heating sytem, that glycol can be fatal...they need to check that out real quick.

Reply To This Message

Author: Doug E. (CA)

WOW....this post sounds scary! Question: is it propylene glycol or ethylene glycol in the heating system? (the latter being the deadly one) And can the water be tested for any signs of cross contimination by lab analysis?

Reply To This Message

Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

i was told now it was some kind of alcohol, not glycol

the builder tested it out and its not doing much for him..just alittle spash of foam...the homeowner made it out to be a glass full.

they cant nail it down to the hot or cold yet....

Homeowner blames the Kohler faucet..

its one of those 'types' of customers

Reply To This Message

Author: RCRIPLMBR (RI)

sounds like you could have a whole house water filter that has just gone into backwash or just finished either way call a pro.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Click here to view our old forum messages

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995 The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995

Copyright© 2014 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.