Welcome to Plbg.com
Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
Special thanks to:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum
click here to learn how to show an image on PLBG.com

Over 520,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 3 1/2 sewer cleanout
Author: jason1974 (WI)

I have a 3 1/2 inch sewage cleanout on the floor in my basement. I am trying to find a male adaptor, but without any luck. Menards, ACE, and Lowes all only carry 3 and 4 inch ones. Everyone looks at me like I am crazy when I tell them that is 3 1/2. I brought the cap into menards to prove that I am not crazy (actually they sell the caps, but don't carry male adaptors). Can anyone provide some advice? Do they make male adaptors for 3 1/2 inch?

Reply To This Message

I detect illegal activity...
Author: Mr Boffo (--)

A good plumbing supply would have a 3&1/2" bushing. I'm sure you're not going to use this to connect a drain to this clean out, right?

Reply To This Message

Re: I detect illegal activity...
Author: jason1974 (WI)

Thanks for the heads up. I am no plumber, so I wan't aware that you could't do that. I guess I won't be needing the adapter.

Reply To This Message

Author: x apprentice 22 (MA)

A 3 1/2 " bushing is mostly used in commerical heating and steam heat.If you are tying in to that clean out it should be drain fittings and be sure to add a clean out too and make sure your sewer line is large enough for the fixtures you plan on adding. be carefull what you discuss about illegial work on this site because some plumbers dont like it and you will never hear the end of it. My co plugs are 3 5/8" brass :think2:.you should think about back water valves incase your main sewer line clogs and how are you venting your new fixtures?

Edited 1 times.

Reply To This Message

Author: redwood (CT)

"I'm sure you're not going to use this to connect a drain to this clean out, right?"

Oh Absolutely Not!

But I do detect a hacked up mess in the making... :eek:

Maybe something like this Laundry Standpipe...

Or, maybe not even that good. Perhaps maybe not even leaving access with a cleanout for use in the event of a sewer blockage...

Reply To This Message

Thats some righteous plumbing!
Author: Mr Boffo (--)

Hmmm looks like the plumber was pretty concientious, there's a trap, end clean out, and it's stack vented! Looks good to me!

Reply To This Message

Re: Thats some righteous plumbing!
Author: redwood (CT)

Yea an s-trap and wet vented between floors!:laugh:

Reply To This Message

Author: shacko (MD)

That looks like what a lot of (PLUMBERS?) hook up nowadays!!

"If all else fails, read the directions"

Reply To This Message

Author: x apprentice 22 (MA)

Looks like the work of ANY ONE CAN PLUMB PLUMBING COMPANY :laugh:.

Edited 1 times.

Reply To This Message

Re: 3 1/2 sewer cleanout
Author: hj (AZ)

NO. The best you can do, and it will take a lot of searching would be a 3 1/2" x 3" bushing.

Reply To This Message

Connecting a drain to the cleanout is not necessarily an "illegal" thing, but it depends on what kind of cleanout it is.

Reply To This Message

That looks like what a lot of (PLUMBERS?) hook up nowadays!!

If they do, then they are not really "plumbers".

Reply To This Message

Re: 3 1/2 sewer cleanout
Author: dlh (TX)

now that just makes no sense in this thread as he is trying to find an adapter that will allow the op to add pipe and make it a drain. they want it open not plugged

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Reply To This Message

Author: PBwrencher (WI)

You are so right!:)

42109,8+22

- - - - - - -

A bath a day will keep you healthy in every way.

Safe plumbing brings life and health giving water into our homes, businesses, hospitals and takes away death and disease causing waste.

Reply To This Message

Author: caja715 (Non-US)

I forgot allready, but isnt that an illegal s trap ??

Reply To This Message

Author: dlh (TX)

yes

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with pver 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

Click here to view our old forum messages

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Toilet Repair Information
to: Tankless Water Heaters
to: Common Plumbing Terms