Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Roughing in my tub
Author: sum (FL)

I got the new tub in, a Kohler K-1357-GLA tub, 32" wide x 60" long. The rough in guide is here:

[www.us.kohler.com]

However, it does not say where the 1-1/2" drain needs to be where it comes out of the floor slab.

This is the proposed layout for this bath:

I have 6'10" of space reserved for the tub, I was planning on getting a longer tub, but end up getting this one.

Between the tub and the toilet is a half wall already framed in. I will push the tub against it. The tub drain is 5'2" from the stud face of that half wall. According to the rough-in guide, I need to move that drain closer to the tub, but it does not say by how much. Where should the drain be from that half wall (or from the right side of the tub)?

On the left side of the tub is 1'8" of space I am not sure what to do with. I can frame another wall and put a platform there for towels, candles etc...if I do, should I put a roman tub faucet on that platform, or do a wall supply? Will it be better to have a wall supply on the north wall in the middle of the tub then to have it sticking out the west half wall?

Re: Roughing in my tub
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Just center your pipe 58 3/4" from that wall to the right.

Author: sum (FL)

ok 16" from north wall and 58-3/4" from east wall. thanks.
should the faucet be wall mount or deck mount? i can do either because the left side will be a platform (tiled) and my wife says it will be less obstruction if faucet comes out midway from north wall.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Either way would be fine, if you mount the faucet in the back wall just be sure your spout is long enough to spill over in the tub instead of one the deck. If it were me I'd probably mount the faucet in the wall at the drain end, and maybe do a handheld shower, which would be handy when rinsing the tub out.

Author: hj (AZ)

It is a function of the drain you use. Normally the drain will be about 1 1/2" away from the overflow opening in the wall of the tub. When you place the overflow fitting, with its gasket, against the tub, you will see immediately where it is going to impact on the floor, which is where the drain has to be.

Author: hj (AZ)

You can mount the faucet wherever you want to. Mount the spout where it can reach into the tub.

Author: nhmaster3015 (NH)

Make a big hole smiling smiley

Author: rk15 (CT)

Hey,

I am also thinking of putting in this tub. Any recomendations pros or cons. Do you like it. Did you install a heater or don't think it needs it. Thanks in advance

Author: dlh (TX)

needing the heaater or not depends on your individual needs nad what you have now. if your house only has a 50 gal water heater or you like to take long baths i would suggest the heater especially for the winter

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.