Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 power flush system S1101
Author: clearwater (NJ)

I've had the power flush system S1101 in my basement more than 2 years and it has been no problem even with heavy use. We've had several power outages that have not harmed the toilet until last week's blizzard - I unplug appliances but forgot the motor in the toilet and now the unit is inoperative. Has anyone had this problem? I'm looking for anything short of replacing the motor but I'll do that if I have too - has anybody done that, and do they have any tips?? Thanks, clearwater

clearwater

Re: power flush system S1101
Author: redwood (CT)

See page 11 Troubleshooting Guide
In the linked instructions below...
[www.starwatersystems.com]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Since 1995 (3 years before Google started) PlumbingSupply.com has been THE best plumbing supplier on the web. Please visit our sponsor [www.PlumbingSupply.com]

Author: hj (AZ)

How would not unplugging the motor cause the problem? When power was restored it would just activate if it was full. I do not know anyone who goes around unplugging things during a power outage.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

As I understand your question, you believe that a power surge "affected" the pump motor and disabled that toilet? If this is so, power surges can affect property that is not properly grounded and protected. Sometimes "the power company" will take responsibility for such surges, but other times you as a consumer must prove to them that the power surge caused the damage.

That being said, it may not be a motor issue, but a float issue which is not allowing the motor to activate. If this is a first time, then you have to determine the cause by going into the system carefully and check each component to ensure that it is working as designed.

Make sure your house is properly grounded too.
Best Wishes

Author: redwood (CT)

The trouble is this unit connects the motor and float by way of a sealed wye cord. other than obstructions around the float switch there is not much to do.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Since 1995 (3 years before Google started) PlumbingSupply.com has been THE best plumbing supplier on the web. Please visit our sponsor [www.PlumbingSupply.com]

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Clearwater,
According to the owners manual, you have two of 3 options.
Remove lid and inspect the float device
Contact an authorized service station
Call a licensed electrican

oops... that's all 3 options.
Best Wishes

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.