Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 1B1 master mark IV fill valve
Author: treaze (FL)

Hi - I have a toilet with the fill valve identified as 1B1 master mark IV. After a flush, there is a lot of falling water noise caused by water bubbling out of the top of the fill valve and falling to the water surface below, as it fills. I have another identical toilet that does not exhibit this annoying and noisy behavior. I took the fill valve apart, and could not readily identify any problem. After that disassembly/reassembly, it filled correctly one time, then reverted to the described condition. Any ideas? What can I do? Thanks, Terry

Re: 1B1 master mark IV fill valve
Author: jimmy-o (CA)

You need a simple repair kit for the 1B1. You can find it at the sponsors website [www.plumbingsupply.com] click on T, scroll to toilet parts, scroll down to fill valve parts. It is less than $4.

Author: e-plumber (NY)

If you have a typical tank & bowl toilet, (not a Kohler one piece or similar), you might be better off just replacing the existing fill valve with a new Fluidmaster 400-A, a model that fits most toilets.

e-plumber
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The society which scorns excellence in Plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an
exalted activity will have neither good Plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." -
John William Gardner 10/8/1912 - 2/16/2002

Repair your leaking Plumbing fixtures ASAP [www.theplumber.com]
This slow drip will waste 7+ gallons of water per day.

Author: redwood (CT)

I would also recommend using the Fluidmaster 400A if it fits.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Since 1995 (3 years before Google started) PlumbingSupply.com has been THE best plumbing supplier on the web. Please visit our sponsor [www.PlumbingSupply.com]

Author: dlh (TX)

so would i.

oh and e-plumber, the other day i installed a cimmaron 1 piece that had a 400-A pro in it. or atleast it looked very much like one

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Author: e-plumber (NY)

Some Kohler one piece models have a funky style plastic side float fill valve, like the one pictured below, (that looks like Fluidmaster might produce for Kohler), the 400-A model might even replace it. On some older Rialto's, San Rafael's, etc., nothing else will fit except Kohler's OEM fill valve or an after market one, if it's available.

e-plumber
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The society which scorns excellence in Plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an
exalted activity will have neither good Plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." -
John William Gardner 10/8/1912 - 2/16/2002

Repair your leaking Plumbing fixtures ASAP [www.theplumber.com]
This slow drip will waste 7+ gallons of water per day.

Author: hj (AZ)

Is this a conventional tank type, or very low profile toilet. The conventional fill valves do not work it if is low profile. If it is a low profile and you have the proper Coast fill valve, 1B1-X it has a port for the rim hose to go into the side of the toilet. If that is not what you have, then there should be no water coming off the top of the valve and it needs replacement.

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

Sounds like vacuum diafram rubber.Go with jimmy's advice.Good Luck.

Author: redwood (CT)

Those 1B1's are junk! 400A time!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Since 1995 (3 years before Google started) PlumbingSupply.com has been THE best plumbing supplier on the web. Please visit our sponsor [www.PlumbingSupply.com]

Author: tpssupply (NJ)

1b1 is for coast toilets. They are more expensive then a fluidmaster and I believe you can replace the coast with the fluidmaster 400A.

Northern New Jersey Plumbing Supply
www.TpsSupply.com

Author: faedri (CA)

I had this exact issue and ended up following the advice from you sage plumbers and replacing my valve assembly with the Fluidmaster 400A. Thanks for the advice!!

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.