Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Delta shower single handle #132900
Author: dianepaulk (FL)

I am trying to install a brand new Delta single handle shower faucet. First it still sprayed full blast when in the off position, after reinstalling it all it still runs some water trough it when off.

Re: Delta shower single handle #132900
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Thats a good faucet, I'd turn the water off,remove the cartridge, turn the water back on very briefly to flush out any debris, and reinstall the cartridge. It can be put in the wrong way, make sure its in the correct position.

Author: joint-runner (MA)

When we first switched from symmons to delta it seemed everyother install we were replacing a new cartridge.We started flushing the lines of debris and the drips have stopped.Great valve,easy to install and great customer service from delta.

Author: dianepaulk (FL)

I took it all apart and cleaned it out. What that did improve was when reinstalled and water turned on to the fixture in the off position no water came out. However when water turned on to the shower head and then turned to off it still ran a slow steady stream. I took it apart again and cleaned reinstalled same result, but thought maybe a slower stream, so removed and cleaned again. This time it did turn off but a very load hummmmmm was coming from it, so once again I cleaned it, still a slow stream when off and a slight hum. In the middle of all this one of the cut off valves in the wall blew off, appears it had never been actually glued on, so I had a flood in three rooms to mop. I did manage to get that glued on and back it. I have got to call it a day. Any other ideas would be appreciated, I'll be at it again tomorrow. Thanks.

Author: dlh (TX)

you may need to call 1-800-345-DELTA (3358) or email them at customerservice@deltafaucet.com.

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Author: e-plumber (NY)

Sometimes it's as easy as replacing the cartridge with a new one, the local hardware store probably has one on the rack.

...Fittings blowing apart in the wall? Doesn't sound good confused smiley

e-plumber
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The society which scorns excellence in Plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an
exalted activity will have neither good Plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." -
John William Gardner 10/8/1912 - 2/16/2002

Repair your leaking Plumbing fixtures ASAP [www.theplumber.com]
This slow drip will waste 7+ gallons of water per day.

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

was this delta product installed iron pipe type istall treaded connections .????its not good if the installer breaks a factory fussed joint just dont see it very often probly can just replace cart. to correct leak. but if a factory fussed stop broke loose i would have the whole valve replaced

Author: poolking78 (WI)

One thing you should look at is, what typer of piping did you use. If you read delta's instructions closely they say if you used a pex to go to the tub spout from the valve or the shower head it will cause problems. The problem that it causes is the internal diamter of the pex is to small and puts pressure on the cartridge causing the shower or the tub spout to leak all the time.

Author: jerco (MD)

poolking, that's not true. The case you describe will only cause the shower head to drip while running the tub spout. It will not cause a drip all the time and has absolutely no effect on the cartridge whatsoever, and even less so when the faucet is in the off position.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.