Welcome to Plbg.com
Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
Special thanks to:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum
click here to learn how to show an image on PLBG.com

Over 515,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 Selecting Rear Discharge Toilet A/S, Kohler?
Author: Joe747 (NJ)

I can't decide decide between the Kohler Barrington Pressure Lite(K-3554) and the A/S Yorkville EL (2320) though I prefer the Kohler based strictly on appearance. All I had to go by was the CUWCC's "Maximum Performance of Toilet Fixtures." Should one toilet be selected over the other?

Thanks for the advice,
Joe

Reply To This Message

Re: Selecting Rear Discharge Toilet A/S, Kohler?
Author: redwood (CT)

This is a tough one because I'm not a fan of pressure assisted toilets. Although they flush well I feel that they tend to have high repair costs like the infamous $40 handle (my cost). I develop a strong dislike for any product that has customers looking at me like I'm the one robbing them! When I'm taking a beating because I know the price is nuts!

I also admit to having a strong bias towards any Am. Std. product. I have been burned by defective junk made by them so bad that I never install it now unless its customer supplied. If its defective its the customers problem thanks for the check. I installed it correctly!

I would encourage you to look at the best flushing gravity flush models! Even if you drop down from 1,000 grams per flush to 800 you will probably never see a clog. 800 on up clogs don't happen!

Edited 1 times.

Reply To This Message

Author: Joe747 (NJ)

Thanks for the advice especially where part of counter above the toilet wouldn't allow clearance for removal of the pressure assembly it it breaks. Do you have any recommendations for a gravity fed rear discharge toilet?

(I only wish I could just replace the old bowl which is stained and worn rather than buy a new toilet.)

Again, thanks.

Reply To This Message

I'm really havent seen that many rear flush floor mounted toilets so for me its just knowing I hate Am. Std. and not a fan of pressure assisted go with the better flushing numbers. One of the other guys here might have seen more of them and have an opinion. I'd look through the MaP Report and see what else they list thats good flushing post back with other considerations and see if any of the other chime in. You'll probably have a fist full of answers by this time tommorrow!

Reply To This Message

Author: packy (MA)

i've had good luck with gerber.
[www.gerberonline.com]

Reply To This Message

Author: bb13 (Non-US)

redwood did you hear that am std got bought out by eljer

Reply To This Message

No I heard they were bought by Bain Capltol. Is Eljer owned by them too?

Reply To This Message

Author: jimmy-o (CA)

[ir.americanstandard.com]

Am Std. kitchen/bath division purchased by Bain Capital Partners. They have diversified holdings worldwide, but I do not see Eljer on their list of companies. They are part of the consortium which purchased the HD Supply Division from Home Depot(Homer TLC) earlier this year.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with pver 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

Click here to view our old forum messages

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: How to show an image
to: Tankless Water Heaters
to: Common Plumbing Terms