Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
  We're sponsored by:
Buy plumbing supplies online
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 525,000 Posts in over 155k Threads

The most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, contractor referrals, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions keeping all positive and with no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 PB Blaster
Author: ericthered (GA)

On the can of PB Blaster, it says it, "Corrects stubborn leaking toilets...flush and spray PB into shut-off assembly at end of ball float arm. PB restores life to "0" rings and rubber seals."

Anyone else tried this? I have, and it seems to have worked.

Reply To This Message

Re: PB Blaster
Author: redwood (CT)

No us genuine plumber have to fix things and guarantee they will work!
Using petroleum based products to soften a rubber o-ring is temporary at best.

Reply To This Message

Author: dlh (TX)

true dat!

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Reply To This Message

Author: hj (AZ)

who repairs a fill valve that has a float and arm, these days?

Reply To This Message

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

PB Blasterr, is a wonderful product for consumers, with limited use.
Ofcourse the manufacturer of the product doesn't have to advise you of those limited uses, that require lots of time.

I haven't seen it used by professionals.... yet.
As previously mentioned, if one is going to the store to buy a can of that product for their toilets... they may as well pick up a new fill valve and flush valve, while they are there, considering the price of fuel and time.

Best Wishes

Reply To This Message

Oh, I do use pb blaster but as a penetrating oil! It works well for that.

Reply To This Message

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Sorry Redwood, I didn't realize that you were a professional (wink wink)

Best Wishes

Reply To This Message

I had a squeaky door hinge on my van and PB Blaster cured it :laugh:

Reply To This Message

Author: davefoc (CA)

I totally agree with the comment about who repairs toilet valves with floats these days. On the occasion when I've had to replace toilets in my building if the toilets come with floats I just throw them out and replace them with the Fluidmaster things.

I have had excellent luck with those things. I find it hard to believe that they even sell that old crap anymore. Although, I was working on a unit and was surprised to see that after twenty years of owning this building there was still a toilet with an old style copper float still going strong so it seems like not every one of them was unreliable but after 35 years of owning rental property I am long past wanting to mess with bending and adjusting those stupid floats.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Click here to view our old forum messages

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms
We're sponsored by:
  We're sponsored by:

Copyright© 2014 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.