Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
  We're sponsored by:
Buy plumbing supplies online
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 525,000 Posts in over 155k Threads

The most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, contractor referrals, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions keeping all positive and with no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 NYC apartment complex blast hurts 17
Author: redwood (CT)

"An apparent gas leak caused a Manhattan apartment building to explode, injuring 17 people, including four children and a firefighter, officials said."

[www.usatoday.com]

Just saw on the news a woman and 4 children suffered 2nd & 3rd degree burns, 20 injured, 2 firefighters, 2 buildings condemmed. The explosion building had 20 units.

Edited 2 times.

Reply To This Message

Re: NYC apartment complex blast hurts 17
Author: dlh (TX)

wow.

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Reply To This Message

Author: plumb-bobII (VA)

Ouch! :?::?::?:

Reply To This Message

Author: joint-runner (MA)

I lose more and more accounts because the guy who mops the floor now installs the stoves too.I hope this was'nt the case hear.

Reply To This Message

Author: redwood (CT)

In this thread not long ago I made a comment regarding possible criminal charges being brought against a person (unlicensed) responsible for causing a gas leak in a multi-family apartment building which were deleted. [www.plbg.com] I'm 100% sure that that if something like this was caused by a improper gas piping that there would be such charges brought against a person. I realize that we are not supposed to get into the legal aspect of plumbing which I'm sure is why it was deleted, but how is it we can convey the seriousness of a gas leak?

Reply To This Message

Author: ericsandstone (MD)

I think that if conveying the seriousness of these leaks is the aim, you have all been doing a good job of spreading the word on threads at this site.

The first real impression of the serious nature of gas leaks was impressed upon me here.

It should be made obvious to everyone that they have no business working on gas systems unless they have experience, a license to do so and nothing less than the will to make sure that they have installed a system that is and will remain safe.

In gas systems just knowing how to tighten pipes is not enough.

Reply To This Message

Author: e-plumber (NY)

...But then there are a couple of people here, (no names mentioned) who believe that we should help guide DIY's through gas hook ups, their rational is that at least with advice on how to do it, it would be better than if they didn't ask at all. Go figure.

Gas Work = Licensed Professionals. Period. Less chance of a catastrophe.

e-plumber
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The society which scorns excellence in Plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an
exalted activity will have neither good Plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." -
John William Gardner 10/8/1912 - 2/16/2002

Repair your leaking Plumbing fixtures ASAP [www.theplumber.com]
This slow drip will waste 7+ gallons of water per day.

Reply To This Message

Author: dlh (TX)

heard that the casualty count was up to like 24 now. they also said there is no evidence of a gas leak as of yet.

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Reply To This Message

Author: plumb-bobII (VA)

Redwood, I remember your comment. Don't know why it was deleted, but I agree. Legal charges should be brought up for an ulicensed, uninsured individual who does gas work.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Click here to view our old forum messages

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms
We're sponsored by:
  We're sponsored by:

Copyright© 2014 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.