Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
  We're sponsored by:
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 520,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions and we also ask for only positive comments and no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 Why Does My Shower Squeal?
Author: FixItMom (CA)

The shower head in my house is really really low so I got one of those extender arms. You know, the kind that you can adjust up and down. I used the same shower head I was already using. But when I turn the shower on it now makes this high pitched squeal. It keep squealing as long as the shower is on. Can anyone tell me how I can fix it please? I would really appreciate it, thank you.

Reply To This Message

Re: Why Does My Shower Squeal?
Author: jjbex (IL)

Adjust the head, or arm, something is at the right angle to restrict the water just right to cause the squeal. That or the pig that doesn't want it's mud washed off.

------------------

"You can't get there from here"
Berry/Buck/Mills/Stipe

Reply To This Message

Author: dlh (TX)

take the shower head off and turn the water on to see if you get the squeal. it could just be a piece of trash restricting a hole in the shower head

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Reply To This Message

Author: FixItMom (CA)

I see. Okay I think its that angle thing because the pipe that comes from the wall angles downward, and then the extender arm makes a sharp turn upward. So can you tell me, am I able to turn the pipe that actaully comes from the wall so that it angles upwards instead of downwards which would fix the angle problem? I mean does that pipe just twist for instance? or would that be something I would have to take the wall panel off to do?

Reply To This Message

Author: steve (CA)

It's probably not an angle problem, but instead a restriction in the pipe or the showerhead.

Reply To This Message

Author: e-plumber (NY)

If it didn't make the noise prior, it has to do with the new extender or the shower head. Check the ends of the extender and inside of the shower head for debris, this and some built-in water saving devices can sometimes create annoying sounds.

*Don't try to turn the shower arm, (sticking out of the wall) up, it could snap off :eek:

e-plumber
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The society which scorns excellence in Plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an
exalted activity will have neither good Plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." -
John William Gardner 10/8/1912 - 2/16/2002

Repair your leaking Plumbing fixtures ASAP [www.theplumber.com]
This slow drip will waste 7+ gallons of water per day.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Click here to view our old forum messages

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms
We're sponsored by:
  We're sponsored by:

Copyright© 2014 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.