Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
  We're sponsored by:
Buy plumbing supplies online
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 535,000 Posts in over 160k Threads

The most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking where to purchase a product, business, pricing, contractor referrals, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions keeping all positive and with no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 Old Stanadyne valve parts
Author: JoeB-Z (NJ)

I think I'm in trouble, but if anyone can help I would appreciate it.
The valve looks nothing like the Moen cartridges and Moen says it is just out of date.

This is a circa 1973 Stanadyne Touch Control shower valve (CP-654) that needs new seals. It is a model 82000. The seal kit is #11199, with two end seals (11027) and 2 port seals (11016). Can you believe I still have the instructions! Any help to locate correct and long lasting seals would be appreciated. Hunting substitutes at Lowes or other hardware stores has not worked especially well. Barring specific help, a good source for o-rings by dimensions or other tips would be appreciated.


Reply To This Message

 Re: Old Stanadyne valve parts
Author: goodhands3334 (MA)

throw it away, bite the bullet and put something modern in, just think how much time your gonna waste, or already have done finding these things or not as the case may be, its still gonna be a 35 yr old valve with quite possibly body wear that putting substitute parts in may not fix and you`ll have a leaky valve, big box are no use for anything more than a couple of years old, good luck

Reply To This Message

 Re: Old Stanadyne valve parts
Author: redwood (CT)

If it doesn't match the current Moen cartridge line... You are pretty much out of luck.

Reply To This Message

 Re: Old Stanadyne valve parts
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

I recently talked with Pam at Moen and was advised that if your problem is venting, consider using the 1200/1225 stem. This would depend on whether the handle cap was snapped on or screw'd on.

Pam was very helpful and answered all my question and followed up with some fax info on that shower valve. 800-BUY-MOEN

Best Wishes

Edited 1 times.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms

Special thanks to our sponsor:
Buy plumbing supplies online

Copyright© 2015 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.