Welcome to Plbg.com
Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
Special thanks to:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum
click here to learn how to show an image on PLBG.com

Over 510,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 tub and shower valve ID?
Author: 666531 (WI)

Does anyone know what type of tub and shower valve has a pressure balance cartridge that is similar to a kohler's in appearance and has cones and springs that are similar to delta's?

The shower head says Price Pfister

Reply To This Message

Re: tub and shower valve ID?
Author: tnoisaw (MT)

Got a pic? I don’t know much about Price Pfister. If the shower head says Price Pfister then most likely it is but there should be something on the valve or escution stating brand.

><}}}*>

Reply To This Message

Nothing to help ID the valve, no name on the escuteon.

Reply To This Message

Author: redwood (CT)

Can you post a picture of it on photobucket.com and post a link back here?

Reply To This Message

Sorry can't post a picture, I had to reinstall the parts since I could not find any today

Reply To This Message

Author: jimmy-o (CA)

The Delta 1300/1400 and 1500/1700 used balancing cartridges, and had seats and springs underneath for the on/off function. You could try the website for an exploded diagram or parts pics.

Reply To This Message

Post a pic of it all together! We can speculate on what it is using that info. Its more than we have right now.

Reply To This Message

Author: tnoisaw (MT)

Usually manufactures proudly display their names on anything that will hold it. I question fixture that is nameless because they are usually poorly made. This may not be the case for you but I still suspect it.

If it were a Delta or Kohler you would see their names clearly.

><}}}*>

Reply To This Message

Many of the Kohler line does not say Kohler on it as well as Am Std. There are also many high end units that say nothing Harrington for instance. It just makes our job more fun. Post a pic and see if it is recognized.

Reply To This Message

Author: Dunbar (KY)

The man demands pictures (redwood).....where are they?

Reply To This Message

Author: kcplumbingkid

it is a newer price pfister, take the trim off the valve and it has a peice of black plastic with threads approx 1 1/4" in diameter with a white plastic stem inside that's round with a little tab on top? oh yeah, and the balancing spool is grey right?

Edited 1 times.

Reply To This Message

Price Pfister??? Maybe... Maybe not. Picture link will eliminate any speculation and ESP!

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with pver 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

Click here to view our old forum messages

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: How to show an image
to: Tankless Water Heaters
to: Common Plumbing Terms