Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 1-1/2" sanitary tee horizontal for fixture?
Author: remofool

I know most of the time san tees are limited to vertical use. For a double sink with disposal set up with separate p-traps, is it permitted to use a 1-1/2" sanitary tee horizontally to connect the trap outlets to the drain stubout at the wall?

Re: 1-1/2" sanitary tee horizontal for fixture?
Author: hj (AZ)

Not really.

Gotta be a wye, huh?

Author: steve (CA)

I don't know what plumbing code you're under, but you might not be legally able to install 2 traps on 1 trap arm.

Author: hj (AZ)

OR a combo.

Author: e-plumber (NY)

Why use two traps?

e-plumber
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The society which scorns excellence in Plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an
exalted activity will have neither good Plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." -
John William Gardner 10/8/1912 - 2/16/2002

Repair your leaking Plumbing fixtures ASAP [www.theplumber.com]
This slow drip will waste 7+ gallons of water per day.

As a way to avoid using an end outlet baffle tee at the disposal. But it looks more and more likely I'll be doing it the way "everybody" does it.

Author: dlh (TX)

look at it this way .

if it goes through the baffle your line should never clog.

personally i wouldnt have it any other way. i dont like having to snake my own lines. its much easier to take the baffle out and clean it if needed.

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Thanks all for the commentary. There's a lot to know about all those fittings in the bins. I'll try setting the the disposal elbow down into the top of the baffle tee set directly into the p-trap. Bring the wash sink waste arm in the side of the baffle tee. I figure might as well have momentum and gravity on my side to help the disposal grindings through the half-pipe.

that is the best configuration you can have with 1 trap and a disposal

- - - - - - -

Author: rudythplbr45

You will be better served if you use a long flanged tailpc at the disposal over to a waste tee under the other sink bowl w/flanged tailpc vert to the tee. Then the fixture trap below the waste connections.
|
{disp}-----| (tee)
|
\_/--- (to drain)

This is a typewritten diagram of what I just said, wish I had a better keyboard.
Good Luck,
Rudy

EAT "WILD ALASKA SALMON" IT'S GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

----------------------------

EAT "WILD ALASKA SALMON" IT'S BRAIN FOOD.

Author: e-plumber (NY)

As in all type-written 'drawings' I can't make heads or tales but what I
find is that the most direct path to the trap inlet from the disposer the
better, it usually means less chance of clogging.

e-plumber
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The society which scorns excellence in Plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an
exalted activity will have neither good Plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." -
John William Gardner 10/8/1912 - 2/16/2002

Repair your leaking Plumbing fixtures ASAP [www.theplumber.com]
This slow drip will waste 7+ gallons of water per day.

i agree 100% with e-plumber. the more turns the more clogs

- - - - - - -

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.