Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
  We're sponsored by:
Buy plumbing supplies online
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 530,000 Posts in over 160k Threads

The most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking where to purchase a product, business, pricing, contractor referrals, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions keeping all positive and with no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 outdoor faucet hook up
Author: qkathyao (RI)

we mmoved into a new house with a different plumbing system. I believed it is called a peck system where clear plastic type tubes run from the faucets to a panel. Each faucet has individual hot and cold shut offs. My problem is one outside faucet is not hooked up to the shut off. The plastic tube is not attached. What do I need to do to attach the tubing? The shut off valve is there. Thanks.

Reply To This Message

 Re: outdoor faucet hook up
Author: hj (AZ)

It depends on the system. Usually you just have to stick the PEX, not peck, tubing into it and tighten the nut. The more important question would be why it was not hooked up previously. That might indicate a problem with the line, valve, or faucet.

Reply To This Message

 Re: outdoor faucet hook up
Author: pro2002 (KS)

The original plumber may not have tied it in because he wanted to have that line on hard water and all the other lines in the manobloc to be on soft water if you have a softner. He could have forgotton to tie it in.Just a guess. you may want to air test this line before tieing into a live water line.depending on which pex system, there may be a special fitting and tool to make this connection.

Pro 2006

Reply To This Message

 Re: outdoor faucet hook up
Author: PEN

It should be 1/2" pex to the hosebib. Most Pex systems use a crimping ring system. The ring goes over the pipe and the pipe inserted over the fitting. A special crimping tool is used to crimp the ring . The ring should be about 1/8" from the pipes end. This tool is about 50 to 75 dollars. I would call the plumber who built the house.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms

Special thanks to our sponsor:
Buy plumbing supplies online

Copyright© 2015 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.