Welcome to Plbg.com Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum

Over 520,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular positive STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions and we also ask for only positive comments and no advertising. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 low water pressure in condo
Author: JER

i live on the 4th floor of a 30 story condo, the first 4 floors are on city water, which is me of course, is there any type of inline pump i can install in my unit waterlines to boost up the pressure, i have plenty of flow but lack the pressure i would like to have.
thanks

Reply To This Message

Re: low water pressure in condo
Author: e-plumber (NY)

There is no reason that the buildings system shouldn't provide adequate water pressure especially if the upper floors have higher pressure than yours, it sounds like a building problem.

There are booster pumps available to kick up the pressure but I doubt that the property management co. would allow it and I'm not sure if it would operate correctly if installed in that situation, besides the fact that they're noisey.

e-plumber

e-plumber
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The society which scorns excellence in Plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an
exalted activity will have neither good Plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." -
John William Gardner 10/8/1912 - 2/16/2002

Repair your leaking Plumbing fixtures ASAP [www.theplumber.com]
This slow drip will waste 7+ gallons of water per day.

Reply To This Message

Author: jjbex (IL)

Buy a water pressure gauge. If you don't have a hose bib, like on a washing machine cold supply boiler drain, you can buy a aerator thread to hose thread adapter and put it on your kitchen faucet and check the pressure there. Do that and post back the results.

Reply To This Message

Author: plumbhelp (MA)

check all of your areators on your fixtures. ask your neighbors if they are also having problems.

Reply To This Message

Author: JER

pressure is about 41 psi, neighbors are happy with their pressure, i am like the last unit on city pressure. just looking to get a little more pressure, especially in the 2 showers.
thanks

Reply To This Message

Author: jimmy-o (CA)

41 PSI is definitley on the low side of what most people find to be adequate in their home. Of course, 41PSI on the 4th floor means that there is less than 60 on the 1st floor. It seems that this could be boosted to 75 to provide a happy medium for all floors. You need to ask the association to have a licensed plumber check out the system and see if such an adjustment can be made.

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Click here to view our old forum messages

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: How to show an image
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: Common Plumbing Terms
The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995 The Leading Online Plumbing Supplier Since 1995

Copyright© 2014 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.