Welcome to Plbg.com
Welcome to the Popular Plumbing, Kitchen, Bath Advice Site
Special thanks to:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.
www.PlumbingForum.com
THE Dynamic Plumbing, Kitchen and Bath, Information, Advice and Sharing Forum
click here to learn how to show an image on PLBG.com

Over 510,000 Posts in over 150k Threads

By far the most popular STRICTLY PLUMBING INFORMATION SHARING FORUM board on the Net. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality and other plumbing related questions here. Plumbing professional and DIY tips, tricks, shortcuts, remodeling, plumbing advice forum and blog. Please refrain from asking business, pricing, legal or any other non strictly plumbing related questions. 

New TopicSearchLog In Newest Messages
 old mobile home plumbing
Author: Anonymous User

a) We are NOT plumbers!
b) The vent pipe to the roof in the bath is plugged so solid it's like concrete!
Hence, the bathroom sink doesn't drain; the toilet does not flush properly; the tub doesn't drain properly. When the toilet does come close to working right, the tub drain becomes almost a fountain! When we shower, the toilet bubbles in the bowl. Haven't used the sink in months. My husband has tried everything short of a really long drill to unplug the vent, says it just cannot be got through. He'd try the drill, but for those 45' angles etc. I asked, how 'bout a new vent pipe in a different location? He said, I DON'T KNOW!
HELP - I'd really like our bathroom back!

Reply To This Message

Re: old mobile home plumbing
Author: e-plumber (NY)

Call in a professional to take over from here, it's rare that a vent will get clogged that solid and a drill won't do.
The drain line downstream of the bathroom may be stopped up in addition to the venting problem.

e-plumber

e-plumber
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The society which scorns excellence in Plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an
exalted activity will have neither good Plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." -
John William Gardner 10/8/1912 - 2/16/2002

Repair your leaking Plumbing fixtures ASAP [www.theplumber.com]
This slow drip will waste 7+ gallons of water per day.

Reply To This Message

Old mobile home plumbing
Author: Wheelchair

One nice thing you can say about old mobile homes is .... (I can't think of it right now)
but plumbing consisted of the lightest grade of piping which made it easy to transport the home after it was built.
Today, those who purchased these older units are finding that cheap materials don't hold up as well... as the good stuff.
You may be facing a health issue and you should consider have a licensed plumber look and advise on your problem. A licensed plumber has the tools and knowledge to resolve your problem the fastest.
Give'em a chance, before it gets worse and you know that it will.
Best Wishes

Reply To This Message

Re: old mobile home plumbing
Author: HytechPlumber (LA)

I believe your problem is more drain stoppage related then vent blockage related. The vent being blocked up may just be a symtom of the real problem being the main sewer line is blocked up. Inspect the outside clean outs. In my area a trailer must dump into a full size (4";) p-trap with clean out on stack. If applicable that would be the first place to inspect. Also if you are on a septic tank it may need to be inspected. GOOD LUCK

Reply To This Message

Note: Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.

Warning: Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.

Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.

Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try Heatinghelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with pver 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

Click here to view our old forum messages

Please visit:
FAMOUS PLUMBINGSUPPLY the award winning plumbing, kitchen and bath catalog. The largest selection of plumbing products and supplies on the net with over 1,600 pages in our online plumbing catalog. Since 1995 the PlumbingSupply Group has been serving the entire Internet community.

to: Contact Us
to: Plumbing Manufacturers Address Directory
to: Plumbing Links Site
to: theplumber.com
to: Plbg Statistics
to: our FAQ's
to: Advisor List
to: How to show an image
to: Tankless Water Heaters
to: Common Plumbing Terms